Saturday, September 26, 2009

How it all started......

So this is how it all began. I will never forget that day for two reasons 1. Everything was going to be different from that point on and 2. My mom was taken to the emergency room. I really didn't think I was pregnant but I wanted to take a test just to ease my mind that "I was not pregnant"? So I went to the store and bought a 3-pack test and Rob told me to wait until I got home from work so I did. We were going to get some dinner but I decided to take the test before just to see and when I went to bathroom I thought just another pregnancy test! So I waited and waited and I saw the first line and my heart was a little sad because I thought "Not pregnant" but then when the second line started to form I literally went numb all over. All I remember thinking is OH MY GOD I'M PREGNANT! I couldn't believe it! We always said that we trusted God's plan for us and whenever he wanted a baby for us then that was the time. So I opened the bathroom door and Rob was waiting for me to come out and I just walked out and stared at him and he was like "What did it say"? I just kept staring thinking OH MY GOD I'M PREGNANT! I told him it was positive and he just beamed saying "Really"!! I was like "I have to take another one"!!! Went into the bathroom and took another one and another one and again 2 lines!!! I came out just in this trance thinking this is really happening! I couldn't explain the feeling it was happiness, scared, nervous that my life and body was going to change. I always thought of being a mommy and wanted it so bad but when it actually happened it almost felt unreal! So guess who was the first person I wanted to tell...my mommy but before I could call her about it my brother called telling me she was going to the emergency room because she had a kidney stone and was extremely sick. So we got in the car and rushed to the hospital and when I saw my mom in the ER I was so overwhelmed because I wanted her to be okay but at the same time I wanted to scream at her that I was pregnant!! I knew that she would be so happy because she has been waiting for this for so long ,along with my mommy-in-law (aka. mommy #2). So there is so much more to this story but to make a loooong story short my mom ended up getting taken to a Seattle hospital and had to stay for about 2 weeks. I couldn't keep this information from her any longer so when she got out of surgery she was still a little loopy but aware of things and I knew it was bad timing but I had to tell her. We were in her hospital room and I asked her "Are you Ok"? She said "Yes why"? My brother asked her how many fingers he was holding up and she answered correctly. I said "Mom look at me" she turned her head and I said I"'m Pregnant "!!!!!and she just said with a smile "NO"!!! Rob and I had huge smiles on our face and we said "I promise"!!!! she just smiled all loopy from surgery and gave us a big hug and that's how our journey began.

No comments:

Post a Comment